When you are looking for jobs in Canada, you must be sure that the prospective job will provide you with good money and a relative amount of job security. For international students these criteria are the most important as in case you decide to apply for Permanent Residency (PR) in future, you need to have a strong case which is reflected in the kind of job you hold. Since the population of Canada is sparse in a certain area, the Canadian economy is dependent on immigrants and foreign nationals to make up for the lack of manpower.
快穿系统女主深吻hHere are the most popular job sectors for the year 2018 -
- Sales Representative: Every business needs people for sales. This is one of the most sought-after jobs right now in Canada. The pay ranges between $52,000 and $62,000 a year for junior positions.
- Financial Managers and Accountants - This sector has an unemployment rate of less than half of the Canadian average. This sector is doubly attractive for international students as if you have knowledge of foreign finance and are fluent in a foreign language, then being a financial manager will provide you a potentially high-flying international career.
- Skilled Workers – This sector doesn’t provide you with an office job but provides a salary that pays above the national average. In Canada, there has always been a shortage of skilled workers in the service, construction, transportation and manufacturing sectors. It is projected that in the next two decades, 40% of new jobs will be in the skilled trades and technologies sector.
- Software and Mobile Application Developers - Many Canadian companies hire third parties to develop mobile software and apps for them. Unlike other popular job sectors, this is a comparatively young industry with new job openings created regularly. According to Glassdoor.com, mobile app developers’ base median salary is about $91,000 per year.
- Registered Nurses - Demand for Registered Nurses is expected to increase over the next five years. This sector has always been popular with Indian students and the healthcare industry is growing faster than other job sectors. If you're looking for more flexibility, you can consider contract nursing with international and traveling positions.
- Psychologists, Social Workers, and Counsellors – Currently, this sector has a low unemployment rate, so future prospects appear to be good. Human Resources and Skills Development Canada estimates that in the next five years, there will be more jobs in these sectors than there will be job seekers. Since the wages are increasing at a faster rate every year than many other industries, this sector is very attractive.